Thursday, July 9, 2009

etsy blog carnival


The theme for this months etsy blogger carnival theme is favorite recipe for summer. This is tricky, I had kind if a hard timecoming up with one, in the sumer I make a lot of bread, a little pizza and tons of back beans and corn. I guess my favorite is probably this zuchini bread, I get really excited when the zuchini starts appearing every where.I don't actually own measuring cups or spoons, but I made a batch and paid attention to what I was throwing in there, just for you guys.


Zuchini Bread



2 cups of grated zuchini

2-3 tsp of cinnamon

tsp of baking soda

tsp of baking powder

tsp vanilla extract

1 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup maple syrup ( I swear the combo is really good)

1 cup olive oil

2 1/2 cups flour

handful raisins

handful walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together sugars, oil, vanilla, eggs and zuchini. Mix together the powdery things, then mix in the wet things and add the nuts and raisins. Bake in really lightly oiled bread pan until dark brown and not jiggly.

No comments: